Click on the AFTA logo to return to the main Alaska Frontier Trappers Association Home Page

<
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2017, 11:49:45 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Due to some loading issues we have set pictures to appear as thumbnails. Click on the picture and it should pop up in an expanded size.   
We have added some new triggers for member registration.  Read the latest forum news for help. Email directly for a quick response.  jon@akfrontiertrappers.com 

+  Alaska Frontier Trappers Association
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  General Chit Chat
| | |-+  Dinner/aucction
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dinner/aucction  (Read 2670 times)
SpekJones

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2012, 05:47:55 AM »

How did it go ?   I would have liked to have made it, but just to much going on.  Anyway,
just curious how the auction went and how the turn out was for it.
alaskantrapper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 01:03:35 PM »

We had all the seats full 200+ Many Many Many good bucket raffle prizes lots of good prizes for the youth that showed up.  The silent auction was full of great donations and the live auction was awesome.  Lots of good food great people and a very fun time.  It is one for the record books, guess you need to make it next year the experience was great.
AK Fur Man
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 01:24:47 PM »

Sorry you did not make it up here, Spek.  I was the MC for the event and I was trying to locate you to introduce myself.  Like AlaskanTrapper said, great crowd, great items and a great time.  We (AFTA Rendezvous dinner auction committee) think it was a huge success and are already talking about next year's event!  Hope you can make the next one!

SpekJones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 01:56:55 PM »

Awesome!!  Absolutely awesome!!   I was hoping it went well, and sounds like it did!

So did Hobo make it all the way through the evening without having to have a nap?  Smiley
Haven't heard him play live since sometime back in the '70's.  We use to raise the roof at the
Bayside Lounge about every Sat night back then and he played there often.  Vaguely
remember riding a horse in on the dance floor a few times , (sometimes several of us at the
same time).  Homer was kinda wild back then.
AK Fur Man
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 02:48:21 PM »

Unfortunately, Hobo Jim had to cancel with us at the last moment.  His dad passed away the day before the event and Jim flew out for the service.  He felt really bad about leaving us in the lurch and did everything he could do to find us some replacement entertainment, but to no avail.  He said he would make it up to us (AFTA) when he got back and I told him while we appreciated that, he did not owe us a thing (he was donating his services as our entertainment).  Will see what happens, but I know our hearts go out to him and we're all sorry for his loss.  He is definitely a friend to trappers everywhere and a great guy in general.

SpekJones

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »

Sorry to hear that.   Like I said, I haven't seen him in a long time, but still think of
him often.   Like you say, he's a good guy, and we'll keep him in our prayers. 
SpekJones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 06:16:53 PM »

Thanks for the report guy's, appreciate it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length