Click on the AFTA logo to return to the main Alaska Frontier Trappers Association Home Page

<
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2017, 05:33:38 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Due to some loading issues we have set pictures to appear as thumbnails. Click on the picture and it should pop up in an expanded size.   
We have added some new triggers for member registration.  Read the latest forum news for help. Email directly for a quick response.  jon@akfrontiertrappers.com 

+  Alaska Frontier Trappers Association
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Buy, Sell or Trade
| | |-+  Hand Made Knives for Sale
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand Made Knives for Sale  (Read 2882 times)
jon333
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: November 23, 2011, 03:46:32 AM »

Hand Made knives for sale.  Lester ("knife maker" on the forum") asked me to post these. Sorry for the bad Iphone pictures.
He has many different shapes and styles available.  These are the ones I have had him make for me.  Lester will make any size or shape you want.  I have a set of critter skinning knives that are still packed up.  I will try and get a picture of those up soon.  I have had 3 sets of the skinning sets made. The set consists of 3 knives in one sheath.  One is a Dexter shaped beaver knife, one is a straight blade regular skinner and the other is a hooked blade for doing toes and detail work.  I just gotta dig them out for some pictures.  The following are just some that I had him make based on designs i wanted.  The larger ulu looking one was my moving away present.  I had been eye balling that one for a while.
He makes them out of his shed.  No stamped out pre-formed blades or handles.  They are made off of a homemade bellows system, heated with coal and hand ground, polished sharpened and finished.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 04:17:10 AM by jon333 » Logged
jon333
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 03:48:57 AM »

a couple more pics of mine
jon333
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 03:51:27 AM »

few more pics.
I'll try and find my critter skinners or have someone send pics of the sets I gave away as gifts.
jon333
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 04:13:45 AM »

A couple more that I had him make  - Sorry about the pictures, I shake alot and my Iphone pictures come out bad.

The one with the caribou shovel handle was for a paralyzed marine who just wanted a show piece.  Iphone pics don't do it justice

The fillet knife and the other one with the grooves in it were for my nephew who used them on one of his fishing trips while he was doing rehab at Walter Reed
knife maker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 01:30:34 PM »

i will be at this months metting, will have a few knives for sale also will take orders for custom knives, thanks les
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length