Click on the AFTA logo to return to the main Alaska Frontier Trappers Association Home Page

<
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2017, 11:50:46 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Due to some loading issues we have set pictures to appear as thumbnails. Click on the picture and it should pop up in an expanded size.   
We have added some new triggers for member registration.  Read the latest forum news for help. Email directly for a quick response.  jon@akfrontiertrappers.com 

+  Alaska Frontier Trappers Association
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  General Chit Chat
| | |-+  Pike as trapping bait?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pike as trapping bait?  (Read 2136 times)
Dube

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2011, 07:32:24 AM »

So there is no limit how come we cant use em for bait. F&G wants em gone. I personally would catch some in the winter for fresh bait if we could use them for bait. Im sure others would also. Who might we talk to to get this changed?
AK Fur Man
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 07:46:45 AM »

We would probably have to start with the Board of Fish, since they set the sport regs.  After that, maybe Board of Game to address it in the trapping regs as "allowable".

Dube

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 09:35:15 AM »

Should be an easy sell I would think..
SpekJones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 06:45:45 PM »

Since they are an invasive species  (I think?) it would seem that they would be glad to
add any incentive they could to get people to catch them.   Probably something that
would be worth persuing.   Might be that making a blanket regulation allowing ANY
invasive species to be used as bait would be something to consider.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length