Click on the AFTA logo to return to the main Alaska Frontier Trappers Association Home Page

<
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2017, 11:50:36 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Due to some loading issues we have set pictures to appear as thumbnails. Click on the picture and it should pop up in an expanded size.   
We have added some new triggers for member registration.  Read the latest forum news for help. Email directly for a quick response.  jon@akfrontiertrappers.com 

+  Alaska Frontier Trappers Association
|-+  Fishing
| |-+  2010 - 2011 Fishing Pictures
| | |-+  2011 Fishing Season Pictures
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Season Pictures  (Read 7790 times)
AK Fur Man
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 02:44:41 PM »

Had a great trip with AFTA member Steve Button's Crystal Sea Charters, despite the weather causing us to alter our plans for a "combo" charter.  Thanks to Steve, we salvaged our Homer trip and at least managed to limit out with some decent halibut.  Enjoyed fishing with fellow AFTA members Matt Hardwig and Joshua Morris, as well as Matt's buddy Austin Flavin and retired USAF buddy of mine, David Case.  Thanks again, Steve.  A good time was had by all!
Rick

AK Fur Man
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 08:51:24 AM »

Dipped the Kenai from my boat yesterday.  Three buddies and I pulled our 140 fish using two nets in 6 1/2 hours of dipping.  Fellow AFTA member Mike Davis sent me a text when I got home and said they boated 208 in about two hours after we left.

frozen okie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »

Here's one I got dipnetting 50" long 30" girth didnt weigh it but had two guides say its 65 or so

AK Fur Man
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 06:29:11 PM »

Great fish, Dusty!  Sure would like to get one like that on a rod and reel.  My biggest King to date has been a 56 pound fish I dipped at Chitina.  My best rod & reel King is a 35# fish from the Little Su.
Rick

SpekJones

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 09:10:35 AM »

Okie,  nice king.  That old boy would give a dip net handle a good testing.

Fur man, It's been a long time since I dipnetted the Kenai.  Did they up the horsepower limit on the river or is that boat ahead of you with the 90HP on it
bootlegging it?   Last time I was there I believe the limit was 35HP.   Good timing
on the run.
AK Fur Man
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 05:19:16 PM »

Spek,
   For the boat dip-netters, we are limited from below the first bridge up from the mouth and down to the ADF&G marker just upstream from the city boat launch.  In the area of the river open to boat dip-netters, it is unlimited horsepower but only 4-stroke or 2-strokes with EFI/Etech types.

SpekJones

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 08:48:56 PM »

Thanks Rick, they've changed it a lot since I was there last.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length